myCARES SOAP Web Service
Please start with our XML Upload Information page for important notes related to uploading data.
SOAP messages must contain the schemaVersion element with either 3.3.4 or 3.4.0. myCARES will validate the XML against the XSD sent in this element.
For SOAP users, schematron violations (FATAL, ERROR, or WARNING), are available through the RetrieveResult request from a SOAP client using the RequestHandle provided in the SubmitData step. The NEMSIS and CARES schematron results will be sent in the RetrieveResult payload together. Regardless of the web service used, XSD failures and schematron results are available in the File Upload Validation Report at mycares.net. Regardless of how the data is submitted, the following applies:
- Processing is asynchronous. The file sits in queue and is processed along with other files. There may be a 5-10 min window (and maybe more, dependent on volume) before the file is processed. The processing happens every minute, but the file must have been on the server at least 2 minutes to be processed.
- At a minimum, all XML/data must follow the NEMSIS 3.3.4 standard.
- Records that already exist in the database are not overwritten. The first submission, if successful, is the only one saved. Existing records are determined by three pieces of information in each PatientCareReport: agencyid (custom element AgencyId, incident number (eResponse.03) and Date of Arrest (custom element servicedate or eArrest.14) values. The file/XML will still go through the validation process and will be rejected in the final steps of saving the record if the call already exists.
- A new RequestHandle (GUID) will be generated for every submission. For SOAP, this is passed in the RequestHandle element in the response. SOAP clients can use RetrieveStatus to view results or view the File Upload Validation Report by logging into mycares.net.
- Field Changes/Transition to NEMSIS 3.4.0
- Beta site WSDL
- Production WSDL
- SubmitData sample
- RetrieveStatus sample
- QueryLimit sample
- NEMSIS V3 Web Services
- Current myCARES Schematron rules
- Current myCARES Schematron
Test data sent to the Beta server should not contain any PHI.